View Single Post
Old 30-12-2019, 20:12   #7100
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I am confident that Netflix will succeed. I am just acknowledging that failure is a remote possibility.

If the range of TV choices is what you and others want, then I hope for your sakes that it comes about. I don't have anything against that. I am simply pointing out that rationalisation is far more likely as demand for traditional TV continues to decline.

You're the economics guy. You tell me why content providers should continue to provide all these channels in the longer term. It's all very well you saying they can be run on a shoestring, but you can't do that with decent content. Whilst it's true that content providers need to pay anyway for their VOD content, they have to pay separately to screen that content on live TV. I just cannot see how that would be worthwhile. In the end, only the most efficient providers with quality content will survive. Why would they want to saddle themselves with unnecessary cost and effort?
According to viewing figures shown some hundreds of posts ago, there are many channels that exist on very low numbers so what makes you think they will all suddenly disappear?