View Single Post
Old 23-10-2020, 14:16   #14
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
Re: Tory MP quits government over refusal to extend free school meals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy View Post
How old are you? I'm 68 and I had school dinners at primary school. Also when my mother was widowed when I was 13 I got free school dinners.
Younger than that. It was more a case of being small village primary schools, although I don't remember there being school meals at infant school in Hackney. It was only at secondary school stage that school dinners were provided, and that was probably just because we had to be bussed in, and it would take too long to bus us back home and then return to school.
I don't think the reasons for school dinners has ever been about helping the parents out financially.
At one secondary school we were just fed a roll in the Library. The school was in the process of being built, and they only had facilities for the initial year students(aged 12/13), and that was probably just to serve people at the associated theatre.

Does the parent get extra money for when they don't yet go to school or get suspended when they do?
Coming from a disorganised home is a far bigger factor than money.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote