View Single Post
Old 26-10-2022, 11:07   #686
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: GB News / Talk TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Why is she presenting the news? Does anyone have to be at least somewhat qualified for their jobs anymore? Politics and media is just one big circlejerk as unqualified morons flutter between the two with no talent at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
I'm also not sure why.

It's one thing to be asked for comment on a politics related show i.e., to debate and respond to questions hosted by a moderator, or to be involved in a show where they respond directly to the public about their policies etc.

It's a different thing for a sitting MP to be part of a presenting team. I wouldn't want an MP from any party to do it, but to have someone that up till recently was responsible for media rules in the UK seems iffy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Hardly anything uncommon, TV presenters on Live TV fluff their lines all the time.

I'd rather have her than this:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...y-over-johnson
Is Nadine reading the news or debating it in “open discussion” setting?

The rules are, actual news readers are to be impartial, that’s why on GBNEWS, they have separate news readers, at the ToTH, to segment presenters that discuss it. I can’t vouch for Talktv because I don’t watch it.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote