Thread: Brexit (Old)
View Single Post
Old 18-03-2019, 19:40   #8837
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I wouldn’t say so. Parliament has ruled it out, May doesn’t want the blame for it and has royal prerogative to extend if she wishes. It’d wind up in the courts, but she’d be on reasonably steady ground. In as far as such a thing exists.
The way things stand, we are no longer in the EU from 29 March. That is the existing law. And without the EU's agreement to an extension (we've not even made a case for it yet, let alone have it considered), we crash out on that date.

I see no sign yet of an Act of Parliament to change UK law on the matter, so I wouldn't be so sure.

Why do you think Jacob Rees-Mogg has that smug expression on his face?

9 working days to go and counting.....