View Single Post
Old 07-04-2019, 14:48   #7
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one
Re: Some thoughts on possible future Freeview capacity usage at MPEG4 switchover

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
I knew there would be good technical reasons I didn't know of. Thank you nodrogd and jfman. :-)

You don't happen to know how much of a DVB-T2 switchover is done at main transmitters, the relays and how much before it even gets to the main transmitters? I'm trying to envisage what needs done where.
The vast majority of transposer kit has been DVB-T2 compatible for some time & its more than likely most of this kit will already be in place. Arqiva has provided all the transmission services for the BBC since 2006 & with the commercial services in their control for considerably longer there is likely to be commonality across all equipment at these relay sites. The biggest issue that is still going on is swapout of the older type 700Mhz retransmission panels that are not efficient below these frequencies.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote