Thread: Amazon Star Trek: Picard
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 18:42   #58
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Star Trek: Picard

I’ve been working my way through ST:TNG on Netflix. Halfway through season 4 so far and absolutely loving it. It stands up really well. I only wish the photography had been done with the level of craftsmanship it should have been - i.e. assuming viewers would eventually be able to see the full widescreen picture rather than assuming they wouldn’t and being careless about things creeping into the edge of the shot. It is great in HD but the 4:3 aspect ratio does sadly detract from the overall experience.

Still, ST:Picard looks fabulous, and as they gave Sir Patrick a say in how the thing was made I think we can be confident it will look and feel authentic right from episode 1, rather than halfway through after realising that making Star Trek involves more than just putting “Star Trek” on the title card.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote