View Single Post
Old 13-06-2022, 17:27   #1391
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads
Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Interestong read here about possible future of TV (USA) https://thestreamable.com/news/could...FEl40nXIb3ZXRg

it's a bit of a read so i've put in two paragraphs that stood out for me.

“What you see right now that is holding broadcast up is sports and news,” Ashley Hovey, director of ad-supported video-on-demand at The Roku Channel said on the panel according to a Fierce Video report. “I think a lot of the other type of viewings, like scripted, have definitely gone down. There’s the question of, do sports need to go over to actually make [broadcast channels] go away?”

Despite the increase in advertising attention on free streamers, many of the larger traditional broadcasters in the space are hesitant to move their most valuable assets over to their FAST platforms. However, Fox announced earlier this spring that it will make all of this year’s World Cup matches available on-demand on Fox-owned Tubi following their live broadcast on the company’s broadcast and cable networks.

Despite the move, Fox has long said that it has “no plans” to make its most prominent sports property, the NFL, available on its free streamer. Chief Executive Officer Lachlan Murdoch said on a 2021 earnings call that the company was “very mindful of the exclusive value of live NFL on broadcast television, and we’re very mindful of the value that attributes to our O&Os (owned-and-operated stations) and our affiliates.”