View Single Post
Old 16-05-2022, 11:06   #1280
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Incidentally, I streamed the FA Cup final on my phone and had the result ruined by a BBC News notification before the missed penalty happened on screen.

What a future to look forward to.
Also a pain when your next door neighbours watch via Sky so start cheering on the penalties (and Eurovision points) a second or two before they appear on the Freeview feed.

---------- Post added at 11:06 ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
You've no evidence at all, despite often proclaiming that you do.

Streamers are now becoming a higher cost, lower quality, reduced choice alternative to the platforms they are displacing. Anything you can see will only get slower, not faster, as the market evolves.
Old Boy has not challenged this key point of yours so I think that we can accept it as a rare forum consensus. Certainly, Sky's entertainment offering has been weakened with the loss of Disney and Fox content with no price reduction for those who wanted to continue watching their favourite series over on Disney +.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote