View Single Post
Old 07-12-2021, 14:58   #686
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I don’t think anyone disputes you believe it, OB. There’s simply a recognition of multiple technological and economic challenges that you appear to either not consider or dismiss prematurely.

I’d expect very few users to post opinions even they don’t believe. Probably a couple around but not many.
The reason I think streaming will take over is simply that TV broadcasts via aerials will transition to IPTV, and Sky is already transitioning to that method of broadcasting. The bandwidth used for aerial broadcasts will be used for other purposes.

As you have said many times, it’s just another way of watching the same content. But the TV audience will notice the difference due to the way that content is accessed. As you know, I believe that existing channels are most likely to be abolished, although the names of TV providers will be preserved (for example all the ITV channels will just end up as ITV, indexed by category and on demand). Linear schedules as we have them now will almost certainly cease, although start and end times will be provided in advance for live events and streamed (as they are now).

You may think otherwise, and that’s fine. You can just state that and we can move on. Links to support your view would be good. But instead you just have to argue.

In the meantime, streaming becomes ever more popular.

https://advanced-television.com/2021...his-christmas/

By the way, we all know that this is the point at which you denigrate the news content provider.

Doesn’t mean it’s not true, though.