View Single Post
Old 04-03-2021, 19:10   #36
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: The future of television

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
It only became your point after you comprehensively lost your original argument, which was that there is no future for linear tv channels. Remember how you used to go on and on about how much you loved setting up your to-watch lists and how brain-dead you thought people were who still preferred to switch on to an evening of curated programming from one of the established broadcasters? I know you do.
We've done to death the 'linear' argument, Chris. You know very well that I was using the word in the commonly used context, not in the strictly technical sense.

Once it became clear that some of you were interpreting linear in that way, and not to mean scheduled channels, I clarified that live programming would be streamed.

Do you seriously believe that I ever intended anyone to think we wouldn't be able to watch live sport, etc anymore? Don't be daft!