View Single Post
Old 22-09-2021, 11:37   #44
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: UK carbon dioxide shortage could ‘cancel Christmas’, warns turkey supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Red Conservatives to the rescue with the taxpayers' cheque book. But did they have much of a choice?

https://news.sky.com/story/cf-fertil...lions-12414129
Quote:
The government could end up giving tens of millions of pounds of taxpayers' money to an American company to help it restart carbon dioxide production at two plants, a minister has told Sky News.

Speaking to Kay Burley, Environment Secretary George Eustice said that without the "temporary" agreement with CF Fertilisers there would have been food supply problems and the government "needed to act".
This is what I dislike about the press hacks. Instead of giving prominence to the bit I've put in italics, the first thing they do is to put a negative spin on the government's wise action.

Today's Grauniad is not much better; the headline reads:

Quote:
Bailout of US CO2 supplier will cost UK taxpayers ‘millions’
I can't find the topic covered in the online edition of the Torygraph. But I don't think the headline will be any less nuanced than the Grauniad.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote