View Single Post
Old 29-01-2020, 09:30   #14
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Re: Moving house tips and advice

Thanks everyone. I can safely say we got through it and spent Christmas there.

Grandparents had the children over the weekend whilst we did trips backwards and forwards in the van.

Tip for everyone who is in a similar situation.... Remember to take meter readings before you leave. I nearly forgot and had to do it in the dark that evening.

Ended up sampling the local fish and chip shop and indian takeaway which kept us going whilst we waited for the fridge to settle and get food in.

Another tip...... Be prepared for a surprise and that the house doesnt look like it did on your visit when you viewed the property.
Owners will clean and make it look amazing to convince you to buy.

We arrived at the property and it was cold, grease and dust everywhere, and we spent most of the weekend cleaning.

Another thing.... Rugs and carpets had been strategically placed to avoid seeing stains.
We arrive and see the messy carpet.

Result: Having to go and get carpet ordered ASAP.

In a way it isnt a bad thing as we now have fresh new carpet but still, it adds to the expense of it all.

I ended up spending the last two days before the move getting my old house spotless, filling holes, painting, etc. I now realise I shouldn't have. Maybe its because I got it to how I'd expect to find a new home...But I see now that not everyone leaves houses how they should do.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote