View Single Post
Old 17-07-2015, 14:30   #1810
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
There is an advantage of the stick over the PC as on a PC, Amazon is limited to 720p, and unless you are using Windows 8, Netflix is also limited to 720p via a PC. At yesterday's £19 price, a stick would have been worth it IMHO.
Also advantage with streaming boxes over windows pc no unsecure flash player needed or clunky silverlight.
I have both a ROKU1 and firetv box but still have my pc connected to my tv, the pc is for most on demand stuff as i use USA services i use adblock+ to block the adverts,for uk services all4 and itv player don't allow adblock to be used but demand 5 is ok with it,for the roku1 and firetv box are used for netflix and nowtv.
I do have plusnet tv but that is mostly for syfy and discovery there is no ariel connected to my tv or youview box.