View Single Post
Old 11-12-2018, 22:30   #1377
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: Renewals & Cancellations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Yes, it really beggared belief that a woman could play a twin-hearted two thousand year old alien life form who could regenerate multiple times...
In the context of the show, yes it did pretty much begger belief.

It made no sense at all given the show history over the previous 50 years and was just just done as a gimmick to pander to the SJW/PC brigade. Of course, they had to "prepare" us - and write it into a few previous episodes to make it all "official".

Regardless of all this, since it was a done deal and fans had no say, I, like many decided to give it a chance anyway. I mean, how bad could it be ?

Was it a disaster - not really, it wasnt as bad as that, but nor was it that good either.

The "doctor" is just a blabbering useless character with a sonic - who could be removed from pretty much every episode without affecting them much. The sidekicks outshine her everytime. Some of the episodes were average, some were poor, or worse. None were worthy of comparison to some of the greats.

As someone mentioned to be the other week, if you were in trouble on an alien world, and could choose either this doctor, or Sarah Jane Smith to help you - who would you pick. I would go for SJS everytime. She would have made a far better "Doctor".

Similarly, if you could pick any of the doctors to help you, would you pick this one ? I would not.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote