View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 15:32   #3971
Doug P
Inactive

Services: Virgin Cable TV (Tivo) and Freeview
Doug P has reached the bronze age
Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
You seem very convinced about Sky winning out, Doug, which I understand, because they have previously bullied their way into the areas they want to dominate.

However, I really do think they have met their match this time. And I don't believe that Sky and the markets are unperturbed about recent developments with BT as you suggest.

I hope that Sky raise their game now and start focusing more on their customers, giving them more of what they want. A lot of people actually detest Sky for various reasons, but it would be good if they could plot out a new direction and put their past unwanted practices behind them. This might well change attitudes in the medium term.

Sky need to revise their business plan as a matter of urgency if they don't already have an imaginative pathway in place to keep moving forward. Sky have beaten the odds before, and I do hope that they will do so again, but in a nice way this time.

Sky have done a lot for British television and I for one appreciate that. If they can drive forward a more customer friendly company that can behave in a more appropriate way with their competitors, that can only be a good thing in helping people to change their minds about the company.
Good post but don't agree. BT will snap sooner or later and Sky will still be there. My feelings are not from a love of BSkyB just know BT will suffer for this foolhardy strategy and their customers will suffer the most.

I don't say they are unworried but the deal with VM was wrong from BT's POV and this Champions League deal is worse... Sky will continue to dominate tv sport but maybe to less of a degree... but they'll get the CL back again.
Doug P is offline   Reply With Quote