View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 17:14   #23
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: Pavement Parking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
That is a stupid Idea.

We are a 2 car household so by your recogning I drive to work 30 minutes away, and my parents use there car for there reqirements, including hospital.

The problem is (in my location) people parking in our street who don't live here, because our council has gone mad on Double Yellows.

I live on a hill will top only access, rather than put the crossing at the top (the bobble type for blind) thay put it 2 car spaces below where it should go, so 3 cars don't have the ability to park outside their house.
If you need a car because you're disabled or elderly then of course you'd need to be exempt.

The problem is too many cars and poor public transport, and many that are too lazy to walk anywhere. We're getting like the obese US population but we don't have the space for all the cars. How about doubling car tax for every extra car per house? No politician is brave enough to grasp this one but something radical needs to happen to curb the number of cars. It'll self defeating in the end for the climate, or being able to get anywhere through the congestion.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote