View Single Post
Old 18-02-2018, 13:26   #68
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura
Re: Florida Shooting: 17 Students Shot dead in another Mass Shooting in the U.S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Banning of Handguns came after Dunblane, how many maniacs have gone on a shooting spree with a handgun in the UK since?
The handgun ban (as it presently stands) was, imo, a strange knee jerk response to Dunblane.
You ask "how many maniacs have gone on a shooting spree with a handgun in the UK since?" as if the handgun ban had something to do with it but consider this: you can presently still buy a semi-automatic rifle and stick a 30 round mag into it. You can also possess a few thousand rounds of ammunition and as many 30 round mags as you want. Plenty to be getting on with for a killing spree if you were so inclined.
I therefore suspect that the lack of incidents in the UK is down to the difficulty in getting a gun license and stringent controls over owning guns. Nothing to do with banning handguns.

---------- Post added at 13:26 ---------- Previous post was at 13:19 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Semi Automatic rifles are perfectly legal in the UK for .22 (which I assure you can kill).
Exactly!
Quote:
Larger calibres are also allowed, just not actual semi-auto - but you could still easily kill a lot of people with them if you wanted.
fyi, The Southern Gun Co. make a mod for their .223 caliber that all but turns it into a semi-auto.