View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 20:24   #3291
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
If you haven't done so already, I would suggest altering the Hub 3.0 settings so the two wifi bands are separated and then ensuring you connect to the stronger band, usually the 2.4GHz one.
I phoned last week and got put through to someone abroad in technical dept, lol, anyway he said that he could see that the two available bands hadn't been separated, so he did some adjustments and asked me to select the strongest one which is obviously the 5 GHz signal, it worked ok but was still quite unstable, so I've had everything on the 5Ghz since then, so are you saying that the 2.4GHz is the one to use? I understand that the 2.4GHz can transmit further than the 5GHz signal, but one of my V6 boxes is in the same room as the Hub 3 and only approx. 10 feet away, so surely it should work better than it does!
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote