Thread: Home WiFi woes
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2021, 17:23   #14
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Home WiFi woes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
You can get a Tenda Mesh system for only a little more than a pair of powerline adapters
Perhaps, but I have a strong suspicion that the root of my problems is WiFi interference from my neighbours - my recommendation that they all get 4g broadband because BT still haven’t fibred us up has been a bit too successful and there have recently been lots of additional routers appearing in the immediate locality, closely followed by multiple Rokus and Chromecasts. While WiFi extension is a nice-to-have, what I suspect I need in order to bomb-proof my smart TV is a wired Ethernet link between it and the router. Powerlines appear to be a better option than actually drilling through my daughters’ bedroom floor to get an Ethernet cable into the lounge.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote