View Single Post
Old 26-07-2013, 13:38   #6884
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
have you tried cannabis ? I know it is illegal and all that but it is meant to do wonders
Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
Just got back, and thanks all the posts above.

Actually, cannabis has come up in past pain management meetings, and it could be something I could try.

Anyway, the appointment went well, he reviewed my notes and states I need to be seen in more detail, with pain management physiotherapy for joint pain (arthritis) , back (due to Crohn's and posture), neck (which is a mess), kidney (PKD) and Crohn's pain. Also pain management psychotherapy to help with depression and help deal with living with pain. On top of this he shoved a needle in the top of my neck / base of a the skull which hopefully might help with headaches and bone pain, some steroid thing, but got to do the other side in a week or 2. Quite a strange feeling, like biting on cotton wool feeling when the needle goes in. It wasn't as bad as it sounds.

Anyway, he listened to everything I had to say, and acknowledged that more should be done but unfortunately there isn't much in the way of medication that they can offer now as I'm already on the big guns as far as pain medication goes. So cannabis could well be an option.

Feeling a bit sore but mainly very much relieved that it all went as good as I hoped.