View Single Post
Old 10-03-2020, 19:24   #2625
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
Re: The state benefits system mega-thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Why do you think that the DWP has successfully had action taken against them for disability discrimination more than any other government department or employer in this country?

I think it's because it reflects the contemporary culture that this particular department has towards disabled people ie they are all liars, malingerers, exaggerating things etc.

I see you were unable to answer my question regarding someone being found fit for work and obtaining a job within the DWP, but then being 'punished' for needing time off work due to their disability.
Taking a lot of time off over the course of 4 years is not doing a job. What "reasonable adjustments" could've been made? As I said, if you're able to do a 3 year degree course, then you were able to work.

Only one of the examples was sacked due to taking time off, and that was the one over 4 years. Another was sacked due to serious errors in her work, that were NOT related to any disability. Another one was where the DWP DID make an adjustment, but he still pursued a claim.

Which of my rebuttals to their arguments aren't true?

In a recently repeated TV programme, a guy was running a bar in Spain. The Police closed it as it didn't have the appropriate licence. He returned to the UK claiming he couldn't work because of anxiety and depression. If that was true, how come was he running the bar, and why was he eager to return to Spain and do the same thing all over again. Many other similar examples in these TV programmes.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote