View Single Post
Old 21-11-2019, 16:31   #2498
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: The state benefits system mega-thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
I think that's what the majority of people do though, they take what they see and use it as a basis. The other alternative is to believe what others say - whether on media sites, poll results, or word of mouth.

The only 'truth' people know, is what they themselves experience
I disagree. Some people do this but a large number try and form an objective opinion by cross referencing any claims. I hate to disappoint but there are more than the two options here.

This quote:

Quote:
The only 'truth' people know, is what they themselves experience
is puzzling to say the least. What is true is sometimes contextual: if you are content with the Welfare System, it does not make it true that everyone is. To apply this maxim leads to a very dark place ..

---------- Post added at 16:31 ---------- Previous post was at 16:29 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I suspect that your uncompromising stance on the benefit cuts is because you are a Tory supporter.
This seems to be the real answer here ..