ash45
cf.member

Services: Gig1
ash45 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Can i upgrade to 500Mbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsinky View Post
my bad yes its plus VAT

VM business were actually dead on about that. they take over residential account with no pemalties.

I sort of thought that much. still the puma chipsets then?

The new modem SH4 is more a DOCSIS 3.1 upgrade as it only have gigabit ports. Quelle surpise. 1Gbit service actually runs at 1150mbit so the modem hasnt got the hardware to cope. passive cooling as well but not up to the job according to some Southampton users.
Ah didn't realise they'd started doing contract take overs when i ordered they said they couldn't at the time,

ive seen some screenshots of the config files on the Gbit service & that user actually had a 1200Mbit config but yes it was stupid of them to only include Gbit ports as we all know the wifi aint gunna get those speeds lol but i guess its more about multi device than single devices getting those speeds as far as VM are concerned

The hitron uses bang on the same chip set as the SH3 so yes still the puma TBF at least in modem mode i havnt really had any problems with it though, i do with they'd just let us buy our own modems like they do in other parts of the world on cable networks as TBF i do actually prefer only having 1 device lol but at the same time id rather use my own router than the limited interface of the SH3/Hitron
ash45 is offline   Reply With Quote