View Single Post
Old 14-09-2020, 20:39   #48
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Oscar 2020 Nominations

You could do 'Best Popular Film' I guess which would limit the selection to the top 10 selling films of the year from which the voters inside the Academy could pick.

I wouldn't have it as a public vote as the point of The Oscars is to be a industry award. That this is what the people who make movies think of this year's movies.

They should have more members though as part of the problem is it's structure lends itself to being an 'old guard' where long established filmmakers get to vote and newer filmmakers do not. This is where they got into trouble with the diversity issues as it the voting make up was skewed towards older filmmakers and didn't reflect newer ones.

You would then have less bias against action films or animation. Animation is the most dunked on of all the categories at The Oscars.

tbh I don't think it matters that much. If Kevin Feige feels sad about the lack of a Best Picture Oscar he can console himself with the massive pile of cash Marvel Studios and Disney have earned. Marvel don't need an Oscar in the way Bong Joon-ho did.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote