View Single Post
Old 09-09-2020, 17:22   #11
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Re: Cloning my hdd to a ssd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
You have to make the SSD bootable, or at least make a bootable DVD or USB stick to instal the OS to the SSD. Just copying the files won't work.

That's why I'm stuck. As tweetiepooh said there are loads of free apps that will clone disks, but the option to transfer the OS is always only available in the paid versions (and most are not cheap).
We fix any pc by the tax office did it for me just charged for the ssd. Before anyone gets confused we both live in north cardiff.