Thread: General Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
View Single Post
Old 14-01-2021, 16:29   #103
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I'm not sure how true that is, Andrew. Such an arrangement is attractive to the customer and makes the provider stand out from other providers because it makes searching easy.

As far as providers not wishing to see the content of other streaming services in their offerings, how do you explain the fact that when searching Amazon, Netflix shows also come up? On Apple+, StarzPlay content shows up. When you search in Virgin Media, results come up for Netflix, Amazon and TV channels as well as the PPV Virgin Media Store.

Providers who make the choices more straight forward for their customers deserve to do well, and I am sure they will.

---------- Post added at 16:19 ---------- Previous post was at 16:14 ----------

I hear what you say, but I think you are comparing Netflix with the TV channels, and the problem with the latter is that they are scheduled services, and once you've missed the programme, it comes off the EPG. With Netflix, all the shows are there, ready for you to pick one.

I know that some people may not realise that something they are watching was made somewhere else, but as long as you are subscribing, why should anyone care? The BBC will get their cut for shows they lodge on Netflix.
It's not about the customer caring, it's about the Streamer caring that the customer identifies with it, not the collater of programmes.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.