Thread: General Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
View Single Post
Old 13-01-2021, 11:47   #85
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
What is evasive about my post? Where did I not attempt to help you understand?

Help me here, jfman, because you are doing my head in.
Questions you didn't answer:

What's in it for them (to assist you here this is meaning Virgin and Sky)?
What's the big alternative product that everyone will leave for? (You will note my previous reference to streaming sticks and Smart TVs not offering the experience you describe).

While Sky are regulated to provide EPG slots resulting in hundreds of third party channels Virgin are not. Virgin haven't, to date, decided to carry these channels on the basis that they exist.

You want Sky/Virgin to provide YOU exactly with YOUR vision of that YOU think television should look like. They are commercial entities who have built their platforms into millions of homes - they're not going to hand that on a plate to any two bob streamer like Eleven Sports (RIP) if there's no commercial value to them as platforms.