Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2020, 16:37   #79
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Are you suggesting no restrictions and no Nightingales?
Where did I suggest that?

Certainly, there should be no mandatory restrictions. The public should be advised on how to behave during the pandemic and to stay away from vulnerable friends and relatives, and vulnerable people should be advised to shield. Care homes in particular should be much better protected against people potentially bringing the virus into these establishments.

This strategy, as I said, will achieve herd immunity with fewer deaths because it will tend to spread through the healthy population, the vast majority of whom won’t know they’ve had it. The fact that the vulnerable are protected in this way should ensure fewer deaths, despite the lack of a mandatory lockdown.

Of course we should have the Nightingales. What I am pointing out is that we may not have enough NHS staff to man them.