View Single Post
Old 18-01-2019, 22:00   #125
batchain
cf.addict

batchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to behold
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
No, but now that BT has it, Sky is bound to follow, and VM would not wish to fall behind in this area. My fingers are crossed for later this year, but as Den says, nothing official has come from VM or Amazon, and there are not even reports of rumours that they are in discussions.
https://seekingalpha.com/article/422...pt?part=single

November 8, 2018

Mike Fries -

On the OTT point, listen, I think we, like everybody, are evaluating both the quantity and quality of OTT services that are out there in each of the markets. In Netflix, YouTube, they sort of stand apart in terms of over the top video platforms. They have great prominence in our networks and great prominence on our boxes and they will continue to. We continue to talk to Amazon, also as a potential app in our environment. You should expect that, that's a normal conversation for us to have. In other apps, that look to have traction, we'll also consider whether they make sense or not.

But we have the luxury of picking winners. I'll go back to what I said many times, which is we believe that being an aggregator of both linear on-demand and over-the-top content for consumers with devices that are slick, easy-to-use, fast, powerful and work across multiple platforms, TVs, mobile devices, iPad, that's a great place for us. And with a with a video base that's growing in the U.K., for example, not shrinking, with increased investment in our video platform, in terms of V6 boxes rolling out and ultimately the Horizon 4 UI rolling out in the U.K., we are in a great position to not just retain customers consumers but be the go-to platform for their video consumption both in the home and out of the home.
batchain is offline   Reply With Quote