View Single Post
Old 12-01-2019, 21:53   #23
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Captain Marvel Movie (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I was the complete opposite. When I first heard about the film I was excited and then when I heard she had been cast I sighed big time and thought "what have they done?". She may be a good actress but I have only ever seen her in "Room" and she struck me as one of those arty farty character actors like Meryl Streep and not an action hero. This isn't just one film they are potentially going to screw up, it is Infinity War P2 plus the MCU going forward if she is going to be taking the reins.

I felt a lot better about it once the teaser and trailer were released and my confidence has been restored now that I have scene that behind the scenes mini featurette. It contributes to my realism factor and the fact that she has done so much training physically to be able to do the action sequences adds authenticity to the scenes and characters and just makes her more believable and real.
She's a good actress.. I suspect anyone who has only seen Ian McKellan or Patrick Stewart in Shakespear would be shocked to see Gandalf, Magneto, Captain Picard or Professor X.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote