Old 08-11-2019, 07:26   #7
bigsinky
cf.addict

Services: Broadband Gig1
bigsinky is on a distinguished roadbigsinky is on a distinguished road
Re: Can i upgrade to 500Mbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash45 View Post
Oh its gone down since i looked other day keep in mind VM business pricing is exclusive for VAT my bills £75 after all VAT and craps been added on lol,
my bad yes its plus VAT

Quote:

As long as ya not in contract you should have no problem switching over, VM contracts are not changeable mid contract between residential / business though oddly enough they do allow you to have both at the same time if thats something you want to spend the dosh on, also bare in mind if you have TV with them and have a V6 box you cant use business broadband it has to be residential
VM business were actually dead on about that. they take over residential account with no pemalties.

Quote:
The Hitron isn't exactly brilliant but its not the worst ive had to use its basically identical to the SHUB3 internally other than having 4 phone ports on it VS 2 it does its job since i dumped the static ip i run mine in modem mode and use my own router so i dont really notice it much and i always get decent speeds so its not really hampering much
I sort of thought that much. still the puma chipsets then?

Quote:
business does end up costing more in the end for not much difference i only really got it originally because at the time i wanted static ips which i no longer need but the fact they dont bundle the extra speed behind other bundles and the 12 hour SLA is kinda nice to still have, im just waiting for them to roll out the Gbit one for the extra upload speed lol

That Turned into a bit of a essay but hope it helps lol

Ash
The new modem SH4 is more a DOCSIS 3.1 upgrade as it only have gigabit ports. Quelle surpise. 1Gbit service actually runs at 1150mbit so the modem hasnt got the hardware to cope. passive cooling as well but not up to the job according to some Southampton users.
bigsinky is offline   Reply With Quote