View Single Post
Old 17-12-2019, 12:44   #1982
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: Brexit Development(s) Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I’m struggling to see the problem here.

You appear to be hankering after the “protection” of a supra-national organisation that has the power to prevent a democratically elected government from pursuing policies the British electorate voted for.

This is one of the reasons many people voted to leave the EU. But even after having their arses handed to them last week, it seems many remainers still simply don’t get it.

Here’s the rub: from now on, if you want policies implemented in the UK, then you need to make and win a democratic case in the UK. You can no longer rely on the inertia of a pretend superstate, and the votes of foreign politicians, to do it for you.
I'm hankering after a PM that doesn't lie and that keeps his pre-election promises. However seems I won't get that in this country !