View Single Post
Old 14-02-2019, 12:50   #4929
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I read this recently and agree with quite a few of the points regarding Netflix and its future.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/17/netf...e-analyst.html
Yes, it's certainly a costly proposition to rely on originals to sell a platform because it needs a high level of continuing investment.

However, this weakness is also their strength because in the end, I think people will be more attracted to a streaming service that is continually adding good quality new stuff to its platform than one relying more on older material with much less new stuff.

I, for one, will only subscribe to the Hulu part of Disney if it continually replenishes its extensive library with new programmes. I am not the least bit interested in watching films or old TV series again - once I've seen them, that's it for me.

I think that in the medium term, most multiple subscribers will be paying money for Netflix, Amazon and Disney. There is not such an extensive library on StarzPlay so it will be interesting to see how they fare over time.

Those who can only afford to subscribe to one service might swap between them or simply choose the cheaper options.

However, I think any rumours of Netflix's decline are premature.