View Single Post
Old 22-03-2008, 22:16   #1641
Florence
Inactive

Services: The wonders of Sky TV BT line and Aquiss.net ADSL cable dies on 5th RIP VM.
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedee View Post
If they're 'allowed' to break the law, then of course our legal 'rights' under that law are useless.
(Although I'm fairly sure that it would be appealled pretty fast -- the minor publicity storm has attracted some powerful supporters.)

And even if we 'win' the right to keep Phorm away from our clickstreams, I wouldn't be at all surprised if this is only the first, stumbling attempt at (ab)using our browsing/connection data.
I suspect that it's worth too much money for them to leave it alone.
If they end up with less customers through this thye wil have less customer clicks to earn them money..