View Single Post
Old 05-12-2020, 09:40   #306
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

Here's an example of what happens for new content for 'record in the cloud':

MTV HD - I Used To Be Fat.

Two episodes are accessible as streaming content. Both are from this morning. One is live now and is a Startover option. The other was on earlier this morning and is now part of Catch Up.

The next episode at 10:00 is only available to record. It's not a show you can already watch via On Demand. When it starts though, it will have the Watch live / Watch from start option, and once it is finished it will be part of Catch Up.

---------- Post added at 09:40 ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 ----------

Conversely a non-startover channel is E4 HD. 'Don't tell the bride' is only a Catch Up program. So the episode that's showing now you can't go back to beginning on it until it's finished and is added to On Demand.

But even if or where the 'Watch from start' option links to existing content in On Demand for repeated shows on supported channels, why is that a bad thing?

It makes that content easier to access rather than having to know whether it's available to watch and where it is in the menus.

Last edited by BenMcr; 05-12-2020 at 09:53.
BenMcr is offline   Reply With Quote