View Single Post
Old 22-02-2014, 14:45   #11
toonlight
cf.addict

Location: On the highest mountian, looking into your bedroom wondering..hehe
Services: B/B VM100 (MB)
toonlight is a jewel in the roughtoonlight is a jewel in the roughtoonlight is a jewel in the roughtoonlight is a jewel in the roughtoonlight is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: Flat Cat 6 Vs Bog Standard Cat 5 Cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerrywan View Post
Hi guys the missus is worried about wi fi radiation
I've been saying this for years as many others with many studies point it out, all the wireless signals just makes your home a cancer death spot, little people ever guess given if you have smart devices like: smart meters (health hazard) or mobile phones which however the industry likes to say otherwise they do cause very serious health problems, like cancer of all things - think about holding it to your head then think how a microwave works in cooking your food... it's the same.

Really going for a wired network is a better choice for your family's protection from two things, security of your network making more secure why do you think all government high security areas have it not wireless??? ; the other the simple aspect of putting it all together, it much simpler than wireless trust me - I built my own very easy indeed with cat 6: shielded cable of the round type.

Remember if you use cat 5e/6: shielded for it to work right (shielding) connect it up to your earth connection on/in your network box from your power supply; if you was wondering. Don't forget the gigabyte switch to connect network together to there after, just you have choose a managed or un-mangaged switch.

If you need advise of any kind feel free to pm & ask buddy.... Good luck

toonlight
toonlight is offline   Reply With Quote