Thread: 350M latency (Ping )
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 08:16   #31
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age
Re: latency (Ping )

Quote:
Originally Posted by adduxi View Post
Slightly off topic, but we dumped Virgin TV several months ago, and can't say I've missed any of it. We now have a Humax Freeview recorder instead, along with a Now TV box for the odd movie. In fairness however, we don't watch a lot of TV.
Yeah, off-topic I have a bee in my bonnet about Murdoch.

Yes, WTG. So much can be got, including freesat, without resorting to the Full Kahoona

Back on topic. Virgin will really have to up its game regarding latency and connection symmetry. This affects gaming, but also applications like remote surgery and manufacture where instant response is vital. Not only will the competition soon beat them on speed, but also on connection quality.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote