View Single Post
Old 02-05-2019, 19:55   #5202
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Not all high earners subscribe to Netflix and probably less would do so if they had to sit through hours of mindless adverts. They would lose custom like mine and the advertisers wouldn't gain one iota from the likes of me.

YouTube seem to be doing all right, attracting a higher proportion of young upwardly mobile viewers.
You seem to be misunderstanding demographics - at no point did I imply that 'all' high earners would take subscription services and that no low earners would. That's a ridiculous assertion, but very much a straw man argument on your part because it simply isn't what I said.

Streamers will be able to gleam so much useful information about their subscriber base, location, working pattern - even social habits and holiday habits. Is the viewer in on Friday and Saturday nights? Do they log in from Dubai, Benidorm or Blackpool when away from home?

Youtube isn't selling premium content, it's selling 'no adverts'.

Last edited by jfman; 02-05-2019 at 20:01.