View Single Post
Old 10-01-2018, 07:46   #7696
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I don't know how good AMC in the UK is now. BT no longer seems to advertise it prominently in its press adverts. There is also a possibility that AMC's deal with Amazon could replace the BT deal. https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2017...l-with-amazon/
I think this is quite likely, Andrew. The viewing figures for AMC are very low indeed because the audience for this channel comes only from BT subscribers and those Sky satellite viewers who subscribe to BT Sport. AMC will not be too impressed, I dare say, and additionally, BT is under pressure with the amount it is spending on their TV service (due to the cost of premiership rights).

If Amazon were to acquire the channel, it would plug a gap for me as it is the only channel worth having for which I cannot gain access, other than by actually subscribing also to BT TV.

Although some may decry the output of AMC, there are some good films (most of 3 and 4 star quality) and original output on that channel, which compares favourably with Sky One, and without the junk. AMC is the home of Fear the Walking Dead, Breaking Bad and Mad Men, so to my mind, it is a channel worthy of note.

If I could access this channel or its content through Amazon, I would be well pleased.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote