View Single Post
Old 11-01-2018, 21:47   #171
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I hadn't had it since 2001, but was recently given it free for two months. I made a point of checking every film on every channel during this period, to see if it was worth subscribing again. During this period there was one film that I really enjoyed and about 4 or 5 that were ok. The rest were either old films available on other channels of not my taste.

After the free period ended, I was offered it for half price at £10.50, so the full price must be £21. I declined because I didn't think it was worth it even at half price!
I'm not sure it is that much - just ended my discounted 1st year with full tv, 200mb broadband, phone and 2 v6 boxes - price went through the roof, removing sky cinema only saved me around £9pm.

However, what they neglected to tell me was by removing movie channels I also lost the sports channels in HD - to restore them cost me almost as much as movies. I went ballistic and was offered the HD sports channels FOC for a year.

It all seems vague - not really sure I am getting a good deal even now.

I have to say if the prices do increase in April, as suggested, I am likely to abandon ship and revert to sky.