View Single Post
Old 24-11-2016, 16:25   #65
Onramp
Inactive

Onramp will become famous soon enoughOnramp will become famous soon enoughOnramp will become famous soon enough
Re: Project Lightning Silence...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
Not saying this isn't true, but my area comes up with the same "We're on our way" comment, but where I live is absent from that list.
Our area is not on that list either. I'm speculating a little here, but I think the list is referring to a definition of "Our Communities" that is specific to VM's Project Lightning - which could maybe therefore relate to areas considered to be "slightly remote, but near enough to the network" - and where people have already expressed some interest and are being specifically considered in November. If that's true then if residents there express more interest now, they might have a chance of moving up the queue compared to others.

Interestingly though, if, depending on demand during November, not all of those areas will end up being cabled (as Pierre hints at) then the "We're on our way" message can't be true at this stage for every one of those places, surely. This implies that these communities have until the end of November, at which point, some of them will become "We're no longer on our way"?

Last edited by Onramp; 24-11-2016 at 16:36.
Onramp is offline   Reply With Quote