View Single Post
Old 06-03-2018, 11:01   #20
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: [UPDATED] Oscar Winners 2018

yeah. I love watching awards shows like the Oscars and Golden Globes as a celebration of movies. I am sick and tired of hearing about equal pay, black people, women's rights, suicide and everything else.

They have been flapping about opportunities for black people for donkeys years and this year they admitted they had pretty much got it sorted and are now moving onto equal opportunities for women. For as long as I can remember they have been moaning about the lack of female directors from an awards point of view and they had a dig this year that Greta Gerwig was the only female director nominated. I wanted to reach into the tv, punch them all and bang their heads into the wall. Have they heard of Patty Jenkins and one of the most successful films of the year (and the most successful as far as female directors go). Did you put her forward for a nomination? No! So they have only got themselves to blame.

In terms of discrimination though and equal opportunities I have long said that it can go the other way as well. People should be nominated on merit. Just because you are a female director (or black actor etc) doesn't mean you should be nominated for the sack of equal representation in the category.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote