View Single Post
Old 06-03-2018, 08:38   #17
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: [UPDATED] Oscar Winners 2018

I don't think the Oscars have ever been massively relevant to film choices anyway. Star Wars hardly suffers for it's lack of Oscar success nor do Marvel. They generally give a boost to the films underneath those categories and also give better opportunities to those who've won them in the industry. Remember they're an industry award, voted for by others in the industry, so it's less about what the public thinks as to what directors/writers/actors/producers think.

The Oscars themselves haven't changed that much. You list the most popular films but how often have the Oscars ever awarded commercial success alone? Rarely. I can only think of Titanic and Lord of the Rings that were massive successes in cinemas and won Best Picture.

The other thing is that they tend to award originality and all but one in that list were sequels or reboots. The other one still being a Franchise Film (Wonder Woman).

I rarely agree with Best Picture anyway. This year I wanted it to be Dunkirk.
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote