View Single Post
Old 15-10-2020, 15:10   #33
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Nightmare of a night

On Tuesday the 13th of October we laid my mum to rest, my sister and I chose a lovely spot which is a double plot so when my dad's time comes he will join her.

But because of coronavirus restrictions, only 30 people are allowed, but do to some family having to shield, self isolate or just getting back from furlough only 16 people attended.

My dad, myself, sister, brother in-law, nephew & niece left form my hose to the cemetery in the limo, after we had a drink.

The woman doing the funeral (not a minister) read what my dad, myself, sister, aunt & uncle had written, but my niece got through her tears and read her message with her brother holding her hand.

There was one light bit and that was playing the Elvis song, Are you lonesome tonight - the laughing version, which people did enjoy.

After this all 16 of us stood at at the graveside, and in typical funeral weather it as raining and the ground getting muddy, but that didn't matter as we through 6 red roses on her coffin.

The guys driving out limo were excellent and help my dad walk from the car to the grave side and stand as he through his rose in, he even gave his umbrella to my dad to keep dry as he got wet.

Afterward we chatted briefly to family and then the 6 of us came back home and had a cuppa, later we had a huge Chinese meal and more drinks, and chatted about our mum.

So my sister's family had to get 2 cabs home because cabs cannot have people in the front.

I get some moment were I feel teary.

We have said to family that coronavirus permitting we will have a family get together close to her birthday next August.