View Single Post
Old 03-09-2020, 16:25   #3
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Re: Ping times to Hub3 are abysmal

So, update on this one:

Removing my router didn't make any real difference. I spoke to an agent on the phone, who made me pinhole reset the hub. things improved a fair bit, but ping times are still poor to the hub - 2-3ms locally with the occasional spike to 15ms+.

I admit I've never pinged the hub much from this side of the network so I have no idea if its always like that. It'll do for now.

I did get frustrated at the agent, who claimed that there was a "Network instability" but then said that there's nothing else she could do as there's "no fault".

I asked how can there be no fault if there's network instability, but it was like talking to a brick wall:

"There's no fault"

"Okay but I have an issue"

"Yes"

"And it's on Virgin's side"

"Yes"

"So there's a fault"

"no"

:facepalm:

I have to wait 48 hours before pushing it any further. It'll probably just do for now until I can get rid of Virgin.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote