View Single Post
Old 14-01-2022, 14:16   #517
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: All those No.10 lockdown parties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Yes and no. The indiscretions had to occur to be reported on. What this will be looked back at is how a government with a record majority managed to destroy itself.

Just when I think, nah Boris will ride this out, low behold another party, followed by another party.

Personally it doesn't bother me, and there's a lot of hypocrisy and faux outrage.

But I don't see how Boris gets out of this unless he comes out of hiding and just fronts it out.
Yup, just as we think things have quietened down, another party is reported. And then another!

If it wasn't for the leaks campaign against him, Johnson would be talking up coming out of the pandemic and not talking up the multi-party investigation.

We simply would have been none the wiser and any party rumours would be blamed on Remainer envy.

I think you misjudge the mood of the nation with the term "faux outrage".

This is cutting through more than a donor paying for a refurb of No. 10.

The outrage is entirely genuine.

I think it's gone too far for him to apologise.

Last edited by 1andrew1; 14-01-2022 at 14:23.