Thread: General Changes to Virgin TV (2022)
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2022, 19:00   #55
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Got the following last night on my Twitter feed:

https://twitter.com/a516digital/stat...89287142297600

It does look promising but I'd advise some caution when making predictions from the EPG. The EPG listing you are seeing is for SID10127 and that service ID doesn't become the London feed, it will end when the services migrate to the new regional SIDs. Anything listed for the channel after the 11th is unreliable. I would normally ask for data for the regional SIDs but, from what I have been told, they have not yet been populated with programme listings. Checking the EPG listings after the change on the 11th will probably be more reliable than checking what is there now.

---------- Post added at 18:00 ---------- Previous post was at 17:54 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver1948uk View Post
In Mansfield (East Midlands) advertises BBC London 14 January 18.30 instead of test card advising you to select 101. How is that an improvement?
You aren't seeing the listings for the East Midlands, at the moment, everyone in England is seeing the same listings for service id 10127. Eventually, that service will be swept away and replaced by regional services 10178 to 10191, At the moment, these are still pre-configured for EPG channel 108 and are all labelled "BBC ONE HD" with no region in the name. Check the EPG listings after the change on the 11th for more accurate information.