View Single Post
Old 22-10-2021, 19:34   #384
Night-Owl
cf.member

Night-Owl is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 1gig Rollout getting faster

Hello All,

I am trying to find the most cost affective way of getting the full 1gb+ speed i.e 1175 Mbps to a computer with a 2gb port. So far I have multiple Poe switches etc but all only 1gb. I only need the 1175 speed to my computer as it's the only thing that can cope with it but if I have a few spare ports on a switch that are 2gb plus for future, all the better. I have a Orbi WiFi and the Hub 4. But obviously neither the Orbi or the Hub4 can give out over 1gb on one port. I was thinking of buying a Netgear Switch being the ms510tx-100eus that has multiple 2gb Ports, a few 1gb ports and a 10gb port with Aggregation. But I don't think adding this alone after the Hub4 in Router Mode or Modem mode would work because I am thinking the Router needs to be able to receive the full speed, aggregatate it and push it out to a switch or am I wrong ?. I e in theory could I put the Hub 4 in Router Mode, send 2 Ethernet cables from it to the Switch (ms510tx-100eus) and then from the switch, aggregate the 2 ports and send the full 1175mps to the computer on a 2gb Port with other ports on the switch going to my other Poe switches which I don't need over 1gb for ?, Thanks for any help you can give.

Last edited by Night-Owl; 22-10-2021 at 19:37.
Night-Owl is offline   Reply With Quote