Thread: General Changes to Virgin TV (2020)
View Single Post
Old 20-10-2020, 09:36   #1297
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
In Anglia West region, ITV HD(113) local news was for Meridan area(South East), so I don't know how Anglia East and Anglia West are going to come into it.

An article for the Central ITV region, doesn't mention cable or Freeview, only Sky and Freesat. Additionally the article is only from last Wednesday. The Anglia region version is only from last Friday.

IIRC there has been a issue before about switching between SD and HD, and correct flagging of the channels and EPG.

---------- Post added at 01:45 ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 ----------

Channel 113 ITV HD is back.
There has been happenings with ITV HD and ITV+1 on the network over the last few weeks which suggests VM are preparing for something. I'm sure JJ20X on Forum Box will notice something more soon enough and post there about it.

---------- Post added at 09:36 ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
i could imagine them downsizing for sure. ITV2 doesnt do very good ratings compared to ITV3 so i can see them possibly merging. Especially as ITV2 had spin offs for shows which have been discontinued now. change the name of ITV4 to something else
ITV2 and ITV3 couldn't appeal to more different demographics. They wouldn't risk sabotaging ITV3's ratings in my opinion. They used to show the sort of content found on ITVBe on ITV2 before ITVBe was launched, so reversing that would be the most obvious thing for ITV to do. ITVBe doesn't have as wide geographical signal coverage on Freeview, and since ITV own the multiplex it's on they'd make money reselling the vacated space to another channel.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote