View Single Post
Old 18-12-2018, 10:35   #67
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: Funding of the BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I agree about the comparison of the cost of the licence fee with the pay tv operators, but I think it will prove unsustainable to continue to fleece those who don't want to access BBC content.

You may be bored with the debate on this, Mr K, but for some people this is a real issue. We keep hearing people prattle on about fairness, and yet for some curious reason, those same people are silent on this clear example of unfairness.
Its peanuts compared to what people shell out on pay tv subscriptions. I don't really believe there are that many that don't access any BBC services, which include much more than just TV. Services like Local Radio, website, news weather - it has a public service remit, who would fill these roles of they weren't 'profitable' ?
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote